Login | Register

Post subject: Halo: Reach
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:43 pm 
:D So apparently the new multiplayer beta for Halo: Reach comes out on May 3 for those who were going to smash Halo: ODST or use it as a frisbee.

Kotaku just posted a cool vid of the developers talking about the game-in-progress. Really excited about it. The more Spartans the better.
http://kotaku.com/5470499/halo-reach-is-a-more-human-halo-story

Profile E-mail Offline

Post subject: Re: Halo: Reach
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
One was OSDT that bad?

Two, what is the concept behind this one? I have only seen art here and there and it look cool

Each new generation is supposed to be born ignorant of the horrors that came before. How else can any of us live?
And, yet, perhaps I was right after all. Urza is not mortal.

Profile E-mail Offline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
I havn't played ODST myself but my hardcore halo friends liked it. It's different from the others but still good.

Profile E-mail Offline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:42 pm 
Most of the complaints came from the fact, while it was actually a decent game, it was not a complete game (about 7 hour campaign), and even with the Firefight mode and Halo 3 multiplayer full map pack AND the Halo Reach Beta, it was still not worth the 60 bucks for the game. It seems most already had the multiplayer packs already.
But as Cobra mentioned, if you love Halo, you will definitely enjoy it. I was pleased myself and will be hopefully more pleased when May 3 comes around...

Not much detail has really been given about Reach, except that they are making it bigger and more bada@#. They are deviating away from the more linear method of progressing through levels to allow players to complete objectives in their own unique style (as they should) in, as the developers put it, a "Sandbox" game. And with bigger exploration in the game, it certainly look promising. I hope there is a more intense FPS experience, with maybe a meld of GoW and the Halo style.

More still, from reading the Halo books, including Reach, the "human" story about some of the other Spartans is going to be awesome.

Profile E-mail Offline